The Williams Sonoma blog shares some of their favorite fresh, seasonal salad recipes in 30 Days of Salads. This light and simple salad features brussels sprouts and arugula. The brussels sprouts are shaved into thin ribbons using a mandoline, adding a delicate crunchy texture to the salad.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 Tbs. walnut oil
- 1 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- Using a mandoline, thinly shave the brussels sprouts lengthwise.
- In a small fry pan over medium-low heat, toast the walnuts, stirring, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
- Put the shaved brussels sprouts in a bowl and add the walnut oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and gently mix.
- Divide the arugula among individual plates. Spoon the brussels sprouts and their juices over the arugula, garnish with the walnuts and serve immediately.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma Salad of the Day, by Georgeanne Brennan (Weldon Owen, 2012).
This post is a collaboration with Williams-Sonoma, but all words and opinions are my own.